Welcome to Georgian iEARN project My Name Around The World. There is a description of project:
1) Name of Project: My Name around the world
2) Brief one-sentence description of project: Students research, find and send information about own name. Students will answer different questions connecting with own name. Students can create different visualizations of name: posters, handicraft, drawing… Students will make blogs and sharing information about name and photos.
Trainers and master-teachers can use project as tool for Beginner teachers.
3) Full description of project: In this IEARN-collaborative project students will explore and work on following issues - Process of Name Giving in the country, region or town - history of this celebration, who and how take part in it, what this process mean for students, for his/her parents and grandparents. During the Learning circle 2005 in iEARN Mr. Pavle Tvaliashvili as facilitator of "My Name" project receive e-mails from different schools from international participants and our students wrote articles for title "My name". On web it is possible to see booklets with works of students from different countries.
From September 2008 in project we use Web2.0 tools. Students research, find and send information about own name. Students will answer the questions: Where are you from? What is your name? What does your name mean in your native language and in other language? Why do you have this name? Who gives you this name? Who was the first person in your family, which has/had the same name? Which famous persons had your name? What is nonofficial version of your name? Students can create different visualizations of name: posters, handicraft, drawing… Students can write description of name created by them like:
My name is LYUDA, that is
L-lambent (about style),
Y- yeasty (as cheerful),
A-accommodating (as sociable).
It is possible to find friends with same or similar name in different countries and to be pen pals.
From September 2008 in project we use web 2.0 as possibility of communication of students. On the MyNAME forum students will share links to blogs.
Students will make blogs and sharing information about name and photos.
On the www.panoramio.com students will publish photos of places with name of famous persons and mark them by tags: myname_project
4) Age/level of project participants: 6 - 15 (other are welcome too)
5) Timetable: from September 2008
6) Possible project/classroom activities: searching for appropriate literature, web-sites, reading and writing texts, taking interview and photo; creating of Blogs
7) Expected outcomes/products: web blogs; community on the Panoramico
8 ) Project contribution to others and the planet: Dialogue among cultures
9) Project language(s): Georgian, English, Russian;
10) Curriculum area: Interdisciplinary for students. Workshop tool for trainers for involving beginner iEARN teachers in forums.
11) Participants from: different countries and schools from America, Europe, Asia, Africa
12) Name of facilitator: Pavle Tvaliashvili, iEARN - Master Teacher, Georgia
13) Email of facilitator: email@example.com
14) iEARN forum/newsgroup where it will take place or is taking place: My Name